Thursday, September 5, 2013

JOHN COCHRAN –BUYERSONFIRE2, AND WHOLESALING MASTERY

I was blown away by the two programs that John Cochran demonstrated with Cody Sperber on a webinar a little over two weeks ago. Each program is separate and has different goals so I am going to review BuyersOnFire2 here. Wholesaling Mastery concerns buying HUD homes for resale. I was skeptical of the hype, there always is hype, but with 30 days to try them out I figured I could see if the hype was true. Here is what I found:

You get a lot of the same type of videos and training on having the correct mind set to succeed, to set up a team, how to find buyers and sellers and financing; lots of predesigned forms to make the sales easier (of course, they state the forms are for educational purposes and you are strongly urged to have the forms reviewed by your attorney for your particular state to be sure they meet the requirements of your state.)

But where the BuyersOnFire2 integrated system really takes off and is set apart from other programs and systems is with the website design, preplanned campaigns, tracking of each customer contact, and telephone numbers that can be added to tag each customer to specific cities or locations. The ease with which you set up each of these saves hours and hours of time letting you get onto the business of directing buyers and sellers to your website and making money. John gives you a complete program for focusing customer to the website so their goals, housing objectives and desires can be determined and you can serve them and make money. (I don’t think anybody is in this just to have fun.) Don’t misunderstand, there is still work involved, but this system is so integrated that it cuts most duplication of efforts right out.

PREDESIGNED WEBSITES:

Two minutes to set up website, maybe four if you are completely computer illiterate. The initial websites are simple but powerful. You click “new”, type an existing domain name or type a new one, click “I have a domain” or “Purchase a domain.” Then you type the email address as you want it to appear, “check for availability” to verify the email address is available. Select the template (right now there are two for buyers and one for sellers, and several color schemes. More to come online in near future). Once you are satisfied with the title as it will appear on the web page and the domain name that customers will search by, click “SAVE.”

Then you go to “EDIT” and enter your contact information that you want to show on the website, etc. You have complete flexibility to change design of website as long as certain caveats are met. You can “pimp” the website (I don’t care much for the terminology, but that is what it is called right now. You can tell it is designed by a man) with automated campaigns that you simply click and add. Each customer is tagged and tracked by EVERY contact that customer makes to you through the website, whether by email, text message, or phone call and you can see your responses to them.

You can add additional “scripts” for analytical purposes such as Google Analytics, or ChartBeat, but this is not required and you could add them later.

Some additional pointers:

There are several different levels of membership in the system. You get a predetermine number of domain names, websites, telephone numbers, but more can be purchased with points at nominal cost. I got the system that had 5 websites, 12 telephone numbers, several campaign types (All Homes, Bad Credit, Cash Buyers, RentToOwn). You do pay a monthly fee for maintenance, but the benefits of monitoring and tracking customers and ease of use make it worth the cost. The Buyers’ websites are fully developed with more improvements to come, but the Sellers’ website is under construction. At this time (Sept 2013) the predesigned campaigns have not been installed for sellers and customers can not add their contact information to sellers' website.

PREDESIGNED CAMPAIGNS:

These campaigns have prewritten email, text messaging, and telephone calls that go out at designated times to the person who has entered their contact information onto your website or called in through one of the tagging telephone numbers. This allows you to provide an immediate response to the customer and build a relationship with the caller or webber. You have complete access to the campaigns so you can review the verbiage and change it to your liking. Some of the verbiage uses a little too much slang for my taste. That is not the way I talk, so I changed most of it. After all you want the email to actually sound like it came from you so the customer does not feel like they have been manipulated when you talk to them later. Or you can set up your own campaigns with your own messages and timing for the email, texting, and/or phone call. It is easier and faster to go in and modify their predesigned campaign.

Separate campaigns are set for the ANY HOME, CASH BUYERS, BAD CREDIT so you pick the campaign that matches the purpose or goal of each domain. I would pick a domain name that reflects your goal. My goal is to buy and sell throughout California and then Washington State. So the first domain that I picked was www.SweetHomesInCalifornia.com  and then www.RentToOwnInCalifornia.com  and www.IWantToSellToday.com

Under the first domain I have separate campaigns for All Homes, Bad Credit, and Cash Buyers. Under RentToOwn there is one campaign. Under IWantToSell I don’t currently have a campaign because the seller website system is currently under construction with John's staff, so I have my name, address, BuyersOnFire2 telephone number and refer people to my buyers’ website www.sweethomesincalifornia.com to capture their information. After the sellers’ site is fully functional I can go back into each contact who indicated they are a seller and change their type.

My only complaint in this area is that there are currently only two types of callers—buyer or seller. Now you could tag the person as Contractor or Real Estate Broker using tags, but I don’t really want to send a campaign to a contractor who is not interested in buying. So I would like to see an expansion on the “type” of caller or webber. In that way you could actually use the website for enlisting contractors, accountants, realtors, etc. to make up your power teams. Maybe somewhere down the line they will add this to the program. I initially imported my contact list, but decided that might be too confusing because many of my contacts are not buyers or sellers, so I deleted the group and add them individually as appropriate.

SEPARATE TELEPHONE NUMBERS:

I am told the system offers telephone numbers with area codes for every city in the United States. You tag the telephone number to the city. So if a customer searches your website for a certain city, the customer will be tagged with an interest in that city. They can search several cities and with each search they will be tagged for that city. If at a later time you talk directly to the customer and find out different information you can go back into their information and change the tags. You can add or delete tags from you list of available tags. But there is a whole video on creating tags and how to use them. They are not hard to create and you can create them on the fly or as you need them.

DRIVING CUSTOMERS TO WEBSITES:

John and his staff have provided a complete series of videos and “how to” to help you drive customers to your websites so the system can capture their information. The best one that I found so far with the least amount of time consumed is by posting about 15 Craigs ads per day. Training is available to show you how to do that. In less than one week I already have 19 contacts (and I have not posted every day). The staff provides you with the actual ads so all you have to do is insert your webpage name into the ad.

In case you haven’t figured it out, I am really hyped on this program and think I might actually start to get all the buyers and sellers that I can handle. You may not get a face to face meeting with John and his staff at $1000 for the membership and program verses $25,000 for Flipping Formula, but I think you get a much better bargain. You could buy a lot of trips to Las Vegas for $24,000.

I will give you more information on the Wholsaling Mastery program on a later review. Stay tuned.


PS. I am not getting any pay from this company for this review, but I wouldn’t mind working for them. I think they have a great product.

See more homes at: www.SweetHomesInCalifornia.com

2 comments:

  1. I have taken 2 courses with John Cochran, and while I value his experience and the excellent rehab information taught on his courses, I want to point out that I also felt ripped off after paying for them. The first course I took was basically a combination of a "Rehab" course and a "crack the HUD system" course. About a week after I had purchased them, I was upsold by John to upgrading to a Rehab course that also included a $500k credit line, for a $500 course price increase. In order to upgrade, I had to give up both the original courses that I had bought (and had only half finished) in order to buy the upgrade for $500 more. ​The upgrade course was completely misleading, and I have to say, that despite the good quality of the training, I felt completely ripped-off. Only after the refund period, John announced that one of his Hard money lender friends (offering high hard money rates) was the actual "credit line". This was total BS! I'm an ex-banker, and I can tell you that a credit line is NOTHING like getting money from a hard money lender, in terms of rates or terms! Also, a credit line is revolving and you can use it whenever you want. John's hard money lender had a rigorous application process and none of the deals I submitted were approved. So, basically, all the course participants had all been ripped off!
    I'd also like to mention that the HUD course I took was completely out of date, and most of the info I learned in it was useless. In addition, I joined John's "Leadcapturenumbers.com" service, and he was very misleading when selling this service as well (saying each call was only 10 cents, when in fact you get charged by the minute). When I contacted John directly about ending my service because of the high costs, he gave me the wrong instructions and kept charging me. When I asked for a refund, I was turned down. Obviously, I don't recommend his courses or services at all, because he's all about taking your money, and I don't trust the guy at all. Be warned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have taken 2 courses with John Cochran, and while I value his experience and the excellent rehab information taught on his courses, I want to point out that I also felt ripped off after paying for them. The first course I took was basically a combination of a "Rehab" course and a "crack the HUD system" course. About a week after I had purchased them, I was upsold by John to upgrading to a Rehab course that also included a $500k credit line, for a $500 course price increase. In order to upgrade, I had to give up both the original courses that I had bought (and had only half finished) in order to buy the upgrade for $500 more. ​The upgrade course was completely misleading, and I have to say, that despite the good quality of the training, I felt completely ripped-off. Only after the refund period, John announced that one of his Hard money lender friends (offering high hard money rates) was the actual "credit line". This was total BS! I'm an ex-banker, and I can tell you that a credit line is NOTHING like getting money from a hard money lender, in terms of rates or terms! Also, a credit line is revolving and you can use it whenever you want. John's hard money lender had a rigorous application process and none of the deals I submitted were approved. So, basically, all the course participants had all been ripped off!
    I'd also like to mention that the HUD course I took was completely out of date, and most of the info I learned in it was useless. In addition, I joined John's "Leadcapturenumbers.com" service, and he was very misleading when selling this service as well (saying each call was only 10 cents, when in fact you get charged by the minute). When I contacted John directly about ending my service because of the high costs, he gave me the wrong instructions and kept charging me. When I asked for a refund, I was turned down. Obviously, I don't recommend his courses or services at all, because he's all about taking your money, and I don't trust the guy at all. Be warned!

    ReplyDelete