What do you need to complete a property sales transaction?
A willing buyer, willing seller and a way to pay for it.
Over the past year I have been searching and reviewing a number of programs (see previous blogs) in search of the fastest and most efficient programs to facilitate my real estate transactions. Of late, I have discovered what I believe to be the fastest and easiest programs to find these three components.
Can you find these components without buying a program? Yes. You can take your time (or that of an intern’s) and go to the county court house and search the property records and find out who paid cash, and who owns what. But you will have spent a considerable of time, energy and money to find what you can retrieve in a matter of minutes with these three programs. So how much is your time worth?
Here are the basic steps to retrieve a list as long or short as your marketing budget can handle.
1) Log into FIND MOTIVATED SELLERS NOW (not to be confused with FINDMOTIVATEDSELLERS.COM. That is a different product)
2) Click Search if need be.
3) Select the State of Property Location (you can search by county, city, zip and you can select up to 5 counties at a time, but you will get thousands of responses.
4) You are limited to 12,000 downloads per month unless you upgrade.
5) I selected CA (for California), then San Diego County
6) At bottom of screen you can filter the search by High Equity/Free & Clear, Vacant, Out of State Owners, Advanced Search. I selected High Equity/Free and Clear, Vacant, Out Of State Owners as these are the most likely to be motivated to sell.
7) Click Search
8) After less than a minute I was given a list of 584 entries which included the Owner Name, Owner Address, Property Address, Properties Owned (which indicates how many properties came up under this owner), and the Type (High Equity / Free & Clear , Vacant)
9) At this point you can export the list to an excel file and prepare and mail your own letters, or you can check the owners that you wa.nt to contact and go directly to the made-for-you Print My Letters.
10) Under PRINT MY LETTERS, you can have the letters mailed for you (for a charge), or print the made-for-you letters and made-for-you envelopes and you print and mail these letters.
Each of these programs work basically the same way: point, click and print.
It couldn’t be much easier than that. Because the information is real time, you may have to pay a monthly fee for the information. And if you want to send out more than 12,000 letters a month there are premium accounts that you can establish.
Obviously there is a little bit more work to do because you initially have to set up your profile, upload you logo and put in your signature if you want these to print on the letters, but that is basically it.
I hope you find this information useful. Please comment on this blog. For investment funding text "FUNDING" to 41411.